Copyright in the Russian Federation may be protected by various methods, depending on the kind of a copyrightable work.
Copyrightable works include:
- literary works;
- dramatic and musical-dramatic works, scripts;
- choreographic works and pantomimes;
- musical works with or without any text;
- audio-visual works;
- paintings, sculptures, drawings, designs, graphic stories, comic strips and other works of fine arts;
- works of applied and scenographic art;
- works of architecture, town planning and landscape gardening, including those in the form of plans, sketches, pictures and mock-ups;
- photographic works and works produced by methods similar to photography;
- geographical and other maps, plans, sketches and plastic works related to geography and other sciences;
- computer programs (software);
- other works.
Copyrightable works are protected by virtue of creation an author’s work, but, in order to avoid disputes on time of creation and right holders, registration procedures may be applied in relation to many works.
- Registration of a computer program.
Registration period: 2 months.
The cost of the services: US$ 315.-, the fee – US$ 80.-.
The following data are required for application:
On the right holder,
The author, whether the author wishes to be indicated as such in the certificate, or not.
The program title, the year of creation, the year of issue (if applicable), the programming language, the kind of the operating system, the volume of the program. The field of the program application and for what purpose it is intended.
- Literary works, photographs, artistic works, audio-visual works – the cost of the services depends on a volume and nature of the work. An average cost of registration is US$ 600- 800. Data on the work, the author, and the work itself is required.
- Judicial protection of copyright.
A cost of the services will depend on complexity of a particular case and will be defined after studying the problem.
- Administrative protection of copyright. It will be enforced through the police authorities of the Russian Federation.
- A cost of the services will depend on complexity of a particular case and will be defined after studying the problem.